Foreign Students Department

Getting a visa

In order a visa to be issued for training in the Republic of Bulgaria, you have to do the following:

1. You should send to the International Students Directorate at Ruse University all admission requirements for training, which you can find at our website

2. You will receive from the University of Ruse on the address, given by you:

- CERTIFICATE, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria, which certifies that you are admitted as a student at the University of Ruse.

- CERTIFICATE, issued by Ruse University, for booking a room in the students’ hostels

- PROFORMA INVOICE, in which the tuition fees are specified as well as the bank account of Ruse University.

3. At the Consular section of the Republic of Bulgaria you should submit:

- CERTIFICATE for training at Ruse University, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria.

- CERTIFICATЕ for booking a room in the halls of residence of the University of Ruse.

- DOCUMENT from the bank for the paid tuition fee in Ruse University, on the name of the applicant.

After getting a visa you have to show yourself at Ruse University. After your arrival at Ruse University, you should submit at the Regional Directorate "Ministry of Interior" documents for permission for a long stay and address registration. The fee for issuing permission for a long stay in the Republic of Bulgaria is to the amount of 50 Euro. This tax must be paid every year.

The student’s passport should have an expiry date no earlier than 30 November 2023.




Kieu Phuong Trinh, Vietnam Ruse University is a good university with a team of enthusiastic teachers who are willing to help when you have difficulties. A friendly and peaceful environment for you to focus on learning and developing yourself. In addition, picnics are organized every year to connect and explore the beautiful Bulgaria.

Kieu Phuong Trinh, Vietnam,